Developing Android mobile apps without writing a line of code. Enhances computational and logical thinking. Course is taught with hands-on, project-centered, outcome based educational pedagogy. "
By the end of the First Week, students will be able to:
1. Effectively use and apply the user interface components of the development environment to create an app
2. Identify and define basic program elements, e.g. variables, conditional loops, etc
3. Implement basic event handlers
4. Implement basic mobile sensing and monitoring systems (accelerometer, camera, GPS, temperature, etc)
5. Implement basic Internet and location-based services
6. Complete a fully working app installed on their Android smartphone and/or upload to Google Play store.